Already built your own dome?
If you've already built your own dome, it may be possible to convert a few components in order to run the MesoDome Controller software on your dome. To make it work, you must be able to answer yes to all these questions:
- Does your pan and tilt utilize servos?
- Do your servos use standard sized 3 wire plugs? (Futaba J or Hitec style)
- Can you run a USB cord and 12v power to the dome? (16' usb cord maximum length)
- Does your computer meet the specifications discussed in the MesoDome Controller page?
- Does your dome turn an equal amount left and right (it's centered)
If you answered yes to all these questions, you can probably convert to our software. You'll have to install some hardware inside your dome, but it will only take a space 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3/4". You'll also have to run 12v power and a usb to the small control box.
Before you purchase, please contact us so we can be sure your setup will work. The conversion process is fairly simple.
Price ranges from $400 - $650 depending on your current components.
The MesoDome Controller manages the camera while you concentrate on driving. In the top left, the dome control displays the direction the dome is currently looking. Middle left is the Rain Free Dome (wiper) control system. Bottom right is the moving map display, which allows you to pinpoint the location to track. Top right is the video preview, currently displaying the MesoDome logo. These toolboxes can be rearranged into any configuration you'd like.
Updated 04-08-2014 B.E.